Monday, May 26, 2014

Crysti the good samaritan

I met Crysti just over a year ago.
My friend Sara W and I went to the playground with our, combined 6 children, to get some of their energy out. That they did. But a little too much. Sebi climbed on a banister and fell backwards (pretty much head first) unto the stairs, which where lined with metal. He immediately started to bleed through a towel (which was provided by another mom on the playground - Crysti's friend). I knew I had to drive him to the Hospital for some stitches. I asked Sara to watch my other two kids (a newborn Gweny and Max) while I was determined I could drive myself to the hospital, somehow managing to still put pressure on his head.
Sebi was, of course, screaming "bloody murder" (can you blame him?), blood smeared all over his head now (and my arm and hands too). I started to run to my car.
All the sudden, this stranger Mom yelled: "I'll drive you". She left her daughter with her friend at the Playground just to drive a stranger to the hospital. While in the car, I realized that it would have been a real struggle to drive and hold Sebi's head (if not even impossible).
Needless to say, I was very grateful for a stranger to offer such a service. That day, Crysti was my good samaritan. And I was so excited to pay her back in a way that I could: with pictures.

Thank you again, Crysti, and congratulations on your baby belly too. What an awesome family you have!!

No comments:

Post a Comment