Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bedroom half done...


I needed to add some FUNK to our bedroom. The beautiful, green walls where just not quiet cutting it for me. Someone pin'ed something that i pinned from one who pinned and so, I got this idea to screw a few small frames together to make a large frame. I love it... mostly because it is big and because we put all kinds of random pics from our lives. Just little things we've experienced together... impressions, memories. little views of what we've done, what we wanna continue doing.
Here the before: (what was i thinking making the pillow coordinating with the blanket that my mother in law made for me. ps the blanket is white on one side and yellow on the other... and i love it ;)

Here the after.
The frames and prints, screws, sticks to hold it together, glue cost me less than 80 bucks.
The extra pillows with covers (I got them on sale) cost me 15 bucks.
The fabric for the "swiss" pillow cost me also about 15 bucks. (I got the heavy duty fabric cause i wanted that kind of look... and i got a zipper that is barely long enough to squeeze the pillow through).
Flower pot was 1.50 or so.

Markus got me beautiful flowers. THE FIRST FLOWERS he ever bought for me... justified, in the beginning of our courtship, i told him i'd rather have a new shirt than flowers. Well, things changed and so he caught on and got me theese... which by now i managed to kill. SAD!! I gotta get new ones and put them next to my bed...

Since Markus' mom is from Austria, I designed the pillow to have two faces... a swiss and an austrian. though of course, even though i love the austrians, the swiss will be showing most...
It would not have been my project if the pillow would have turned out crooked. the only reason the frames are so exact is cause i'm married to markus who out of all people is a total and complete perfectionist. what a combo,huh? ;)

Now I wanna find new side stand tables and finish the wall from which i took the picture ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment